Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tuesday-Back & Calves Day

Alrighty so yesterday was back day.It went well, but I had to do it later than usually because of work because I was sooo tired. I didn't want to take pre-workout because I didn't want to have trouble sleeping. Blah! So needless to say I was exhausted, but powered through and got a great workout! Below is what I did, play by play, and how much I lifted. I'll be lifting heavily as well as doing cardio everyday (6 days) as well as hitting my calorie goals everyday. This is the perfect formula for ME to come out successfully on top, in my opinion of course, on how I look. Hopefully the judges agree! :)

 Back and Calves Day 

Five minute warm up, 18% incline on elliptical. Stretch.
Warm up pull ups to engage the back. 3 sets of 5.

Seated close grip row (on cables)
120lbs x 12 reps
130lbs x 8
140lbs x 5
140lbs x 5

Calf Raises on hack squat machine
180lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets

Leverage high row machine
90 x 12
140 x 8
160 x 8
180 x 8

Seated calf curls (works "shin" muscle)
50lbs x 15
70lbs x 15 x 3

One arm lat pull down (Great Isolation!)
50lbs x 8 reps per arm x 4

DEADLIFTS! 
135lbs x 10
185lbs x 5
205lbs x 2
225lbs x 1

Reverse grip bent over row with barbell
90lbs x 5 x 4 sets

Calf raise on stairs 
25 reps x 3 sets

Leverage iso row (machine) one arm at a time
45lbs x 10 reps per arm
70lbs x 8 reps per arm
80lbs x 5 reps per arm
80lbs x 5 reps per arm

*All workouts are done 4 sets, 45 second rest between each set. Don't let those muscles heal all the way! By this time I'm totally dead, but time for some cardio! I had my boyfriend come up with a HIIT workout for me. So 5 minutes working, 1 minute per workout, rest 1 minute, then do it all again. Death lol. But here goes!

Front Box Jump- 1 minute
Sit ups with medicine ball throw (throw to partner, partner throws back, catch it top, go down into sit up, throw back to partner on the way up. Ab killer)- 1 minute
Burpees with dumbbells (jump up when you stand up, push up when you go down)- 1 minute
Kick punching bag (High kicks)- 1 minute
Punch punching bag (jabs and hooks)- 1 minute

*1 minute rest*

Repeat top five workouts. 

Protein shake. Go home and crawl in a ball.

Had great sleep last night lol If you try these workouts, please be aware of your physical ability. Know when to stop, don't sacrifice form for reps, take your time and get correct form, have fun!

Thanks for reading!

Mel



0 comments:

Post a Comment