Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Week Two Monday!

Ah so today's workout went well! Of course, it was abs and cardio day. Abs kill me but I can do abs all day long! I guess because it's great gratification for me and I love seeing results. I guess I can say that about every body part. I woke up today craving leg day. I just want to do it everyday and I want to see results NOW! I have to be patient though and I have plenty of time to get to where I want to be. I can't wait!

So ending last week, I went all out. I did cardio each day including a 20 minute death HIIT session. Waking up Saturday morning with the intention of another HIIT session, I knew my legs could not do another day. My inner thighs (for lack of a better term) were fucked! Omg I could not even walk lol but that's good. I had a great week and I took Saturday and Sunday off. I went shopping Saturday for new workout clothes and got a bunch of cute stuff. Ladies, if you have no other motivation, new workout clothes will help. It's so exciting wearing new workout clothes!

For my workout today I did 30 minutes of an supersets and finished with an hour of kick boxing. I burned about 650 calories.

Abs: 
Set one:
Leg lifts, front and both sides. Lie down on bench with handle or just grab on back side of bench. Lift legs up, back down to the left, and middle again, then right. Do this ten times.
Five leg circles- circles legs around five times really crunching those abs at the top.

Weighted side bends (45lbs)- 10 on each side

Then back to leg lifts. Four sets of this.

Set two: 
Woodchoppers with weighted cable (30-50 pounds) from bottom up. 10 sets on each side.

Plank for one minute set one.
Side plank for one minute set two.
Other side plank for one minute set three.
Middle plank for one minute set four.

Four sets of woodchoppers switched off with planks.

Set three: 
For the last workout I did three sets of 15 70 pound sit up curls on a machine.

There's a lot of abs in kick boxing so this is a good warm up for the class. You can feel the burn throughout the workout and always know and remember that every time your legs go above your belly button you're working those abs. So get those kicks high! Alright, I'm going to go cook dinner now.

Thanks for reading!

Mel

0 comments:

Post a Comment