Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday: Day One Prep Food

I'm going to break down what I ate today and what I plan to eat for the prep including calories and macros. Okay so I know you guys have heard of "If it fits your macros" (IIFYM) and some of you live by it, but I do not go by it. I feel like people do that just so they can eat junk food and not be accountable for their nutrition. I count all of my calories, carbs, proteins, and fats which is essentially your macronutrients. Yes, keep track of your macros! But don't eat garbage to get the calories. I also keep an eye on my sodium as well as my cholesterol just in case. I forgot to start out by saying, I am NOT a nutritionist by any means and am not certified or equipped with the degree to tell you what you should eat. With that said, I know what works for me and my body, so this is what I eat. It's pretty standard for a lot of meal preps so it's not like it's some ground breaking diet plan that's magically going to shed pounds. You're welcome to try it, so here you go!

Breakfast: 
1 Cup of Instant Oats Oatmeal (I add a little sugar as well as salt. Both to be cut out as the competition gets closer).
Lots of Water!
Supplements: LeanOut by Beverly International, Multivitamin, Fish Oil,

Two Hours Later: 
2 scoops of protein (Beverly International UMP Chocolate Whey Protein)
1 Cup of Greek yogurt
Supplements: Fish Oil, Glutamine

Two Hours Later:
2 half peanut butter sandwiches (one bread with PB folded in half)
32 Wheat Thins
Supplements: LeanOut

Post Workout: 
2 Scoops of protein
Supplements: Glutamine

Dinner (45 minutes after workout):
4 ounces of chicken breast
1/2 Cup of brown rice
1/2 large baked sweet potato discs (Sprinkled cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar)
Supplements: Fish Oil




Macros for Today:
Protein: 151g
Carbs: 210g
Fat: 41g
Calories: 1773

This is pretty much what it will be like everyday until two weeks out. Give or take a couple calories and substituting chicken for fish or adding different veggies as sides. Unfortunately I haven't come up with a substitute for brown rice. It's so good for you and has a lot of calories so it's exactly what I need. It's just soooo boring ugh. Whatever though, I can do it! :)

Thanks for reading!

Mel

2 comments:

Kaila Bailey said...

Sometimes I will put a tablespoon of salsa with my brown rice and it spices it up a bit... I agree though brown rice... bleah

Melanie said...

Yum! I love salsa in my egg whites too! Today I made brown rice with cilantro, yum! It's also good adding random vegetables like a stir fry or friend rice :)

Post a Comment