Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello Hello!

Hello All! It is very late, but I am super excited for tomorrow and for the next ten weeks to come. I will be competing in my first Bikini competition on April 12th in Culver City. It's always been in the back of my mind, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do it or not. So last week after the LA Fit Expo, I said "why not" and jumped right it. I looked up a show that's a reasonable amount of time away and drew a big red circle around it. Here I go! I've ordered my shoes already so I can start practicing posing ASAP!

A bit about me: I've been lifting a couple of years now. I lift heavy and am capable of a lot.My main debate on competing was whether to compete in bikini or compete in figure. I love my muscles and I want to flex! At the same time, I don't want to be shredded. I don't really like the fact that bikini is so ant muscle, but that's why figure exisits I suppose. I'll do another article on my lifting stats but I'm 5'3, 126 pounds.

I've been very consistent in eating clean for a little over a year now. So I figured now is a great time to compete while I am ready physically and mentally. I'm fortunate enough to not have the curse of "food addiction" or anything of that sort. I actually find eating boring, annoying, and a waste of time, but hey we have to do it! I'd have to say that my weakness (if any) would have to be eating more food rather that cutting down. It's funny becuase a lot of people are the opposite. Eat more, eat more! So I've got all of my meals planned out and what times to eat them and everything. Once I have a plan, I stick to it. I'm very determined and very little can get in my way when I want something. I won't have trouble with cheat meals because well, I don't really have cravings. When I do have cravings, it's usually for wheat thins or a peanut butter sandwich. Most people will marvel at a piece of chocholate cake as I will be marveling over a fruit basket. I love fruit!!

Anyway, this was a bit of an introduction of me. I'll have to post pics so you guys can see what my body looks like as I begin this journey. Always feel free to comment, ask questions, whatever you want! Thanks for reading!

Mel



0 comments:

Post a Comment