Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Powered Through

Omg I am dying! Ladies, it is THAT time of month. Which means it's the hardest time of the month to get motivation to go to the gym. Ugh. Don't worry, I didn't skip the gym today, I went, but I was in pain the entire time. I did cardio, shoulders and abs. In a whole, it was a great workout! I was SO glad to get out of there though. I'm always proud of myself after a workout when I'm on my period. Go me for powering through instead of crawling in a ball on the couch all day. Go me.

My back is SO sore from back day. Back day went well. I deadlifted 205 pounds for three reps and two sets. I could have gone up, but I didn't feel like doing a one rep max. I also did calves that day, much like last back day. Pretty standard. I changed some of the workouts up a bit by doing higher reps with lower weight.

Valentine's Day was wonderful! I spent all day with my love and it was amazing. He's a personal trainer and had to train two clients in the morning so I didn't see him until after noon. I made sure I got my workout in so that it wasn't a surprise rest day (there's no such thing as surprise rest day lol). I did some cardio and stretching and then got ready for the day. He surprised me with flowers and brand new surround sound headphones to use at the gym. I love music and love being surrounded by it, especially during a workout. This whole time I've been using the headphones that came with my iPhone, LAME. You can literally hear everything and the music is background music.  Now I can just get lost in my music and train like no other. I love it! He's so amazing. It sounds silly, but it's great. We shopped and went to the movies and went out to eat all day. And no it wasn't a cheat day and there were no cheat meals. Although, I'll be honest, I DID have a bite of a biscuit at Red Lobster. OMG SO GOOD! But other than that, it was a good eating day.

Today I did super sets for shoulders and abs. It was pretty killer and I had to take a bunch of breaks because of my horrible back pain, but I powered through. I also did biking for 10 minutes before my workout and 10 minutes afterwards doing interval hills.

Super Sets
Alternating front dumbbell raises
15lbs x 10 reps on each arm x 4 sets

Side lateral dumbbells (both arms at same time)
15lbs x 10 reps x 4 sets

Overhead Press (Smith Machine)
45lbs x 10 reps
65lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Super Sets
Barbell Shrugs (Smith Machine)
95lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets

Leg raise on parallel bars
15 reps x 4 sets

Super Sets
Bent over side lateral raise (one arm at a time)
15lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets

Sit ups on exercise ball
30 sit ups x 4 sets

Overhead dumbbell Press
25lb dumbbells x 10reps x 4 sets

Super Sets
Lying down leg raises 
Front, then side, then front then side, 10 times.

Machine crunches
90 lbs x 8 reps

10 minute intervals on bike. Ended at about 400 calories.

I'm going out tonight for my friends birthday! Not drinking but going to have a good time. Just because I'm prepping doesn't mean I can't go out :) Don't need to drink to have fun. Thanks for reading!

Mel



0 comments:

Post a Comment