Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dun Dun Dun...LEG DAAAAY!

Today was leg day and I have been looking forward to it all weekend. Finally, it has arrived! I know, I'm crazy lol I just really want to see results in my legs. My leg workouts are split in two days: day one is quads and glutes (and outer thighs). Day two is hamstrings and inner thighs (maybe calves depending on how I feel. I usually do calves with back day though since I took out biceps). Today was "day one" and it was a good one.

PEOPLE! Have you done the hip thrusters with a barbell at the gym? Seriously, DO IT. Who cares if it's awkward and if people look. It has to be the best butt workout. It just burns the entire time omg. Great!

Leg Day

Okay so I had a plan and it all went out the window (well not ALL) when I go to the gym. It was PACKED! No squat racks open, nothing open for me to work legs, and no machines. Except the hack squat which I don't usually do, but I did it today so here we go! Also, I did "low weight" high reps today to change it up a bit from the norm which is lifting super heavy starting with 10 reps and adding the weight and lowering reps.

Hack Squat
90lbs x 15 reps x 5 sets

Step Ups w/ dumbbells
Step up on high "stool", this stool went up to just below my bellybutton. My butt and quads were on fire! Do one leg consecutively then switch to other.
0lbs x 10 steps one leg then 10 steps on other leg x 4 (add 15lb dumbbells for sets 2-4)

Leg Extensions
25lbs x 12 reps x 4 sets

Lunges
50lbs (+whatever the smith machine bar is) x 8 reps on one leg then 8 on other x 4 sets

Hip Thrusters w/Smith Machine (DO THESE!!)
50lbs (+whatever SM bar weighs) x 10 reps
70lbs (+bar) x 10 reps x 3 sets

One Leg Leg Press
100 lbs per leg x 12 reps x 4 sets

Abductor Machine
60lbs x 15 x 4 sets

I ended with some functional body exercises. I always try to add a body weight exercise workout at the end whether it be push ups for chest day or dips for triceps. Today I did butt kicks and side leg raises. You're on all fours on the ground, kick one leg back with either leg straight or bent at the knee at a 90 degree angle. I did the bent knee. Do this for 25 reps. Go right into the side leg raises. In cheerleading we called these "dog peeing" because that's exactly what it looks like lol. On all fours still, bend leg o the side with knee bent at 90 degrees. Do this for 25 reps. Your butt will be burning, it should be the opposite leg you're swinging that is burning. You can do these at home any time! Even right before bed to get that butt nice and toned. Very effective!

That's it! Thanks for reading! BTW my abs are SOOOORE! :)

Mel

0 comments:

Post a Comment